Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4, 2013

Feliz Cumpleanos Papa!

By the sounds of it, you guys gave dad the best surprise party ever! That is so awesome and you ever thought of having the cop call and be there was a genius! I would have never thought of that! I wish I could have been there to see it all, but it's all good I guess.

I don't know if you remember me saying that I am done with the snow, but it came back to bit me in the butt this week! It snowed for two days straight here and the snow was deep! It is melting faster than it did before but I found out that it's pretty fun riding a bike in a foot and a half of powder. I just tried to visualize that I was snowmobiling and I got my own thrill out of it. ha-ha, My companion was hilarious to watch as he tried to ride in the snow. Just imagine a 250 pound Mexican riding a bike in the deep snow, I can't even count how many times he fell. The best one, was when we were trying to ride through these big piles of snow on the side of the roads and they were pretty soft to where you could just plow right through them. My companion was ridding as fast as he could into one and half way through he hit something hard in the middle and he FLEW over his handle bars and landed on his face! ( luckily he landed in the snow.) I was laughing soo hard though!! I love my companion though. He might say some weird things in the middle of a lesson sometimes and think he is a gangster from Cali, but he has a soft heart.

With teaching this week we had a wonderful lesson with Izabel Cruz who I have been teaching since I have been here and it was the first time I had ever seen here cry in a lesson. she is so ready to be baptized, but she just doesn't feel like she is herself because she says that sometimes she is just lazy and doesn't feel like going to church or reading every night. She doesn't realize that all of that is normal! ha-ha She had a boy friend though that is a member and was a horrible example to her and also broke her heart so that is another obstacle we are trying to tackle. She is going to meet with the Bishop of our ward this week to talk to him about it and get these feelings off her chest. We ended up dropping another investigator this week though. The worse part about it was is was a 10 year old girl! We have been teaching her for a month and a half and she is just not understanding anything we tell her. She has ADHD and said that she would love to be baptized, but she can't even comprehend the meaning of faith and won't give us any response back when we ask her a question. I honestly don't want to baptize a little girl if she doesn't even know what she is doing. We finally told the mom that she just needs to talk with her daughter about it all and call us when this week if she has agreed or not to work with us as we teach. Hopefully it can still work out in the end...

That is all the info I got for you peeps back home for now. Mom, Dad thanks for the sweet pic you sent me and be save out there on the slopes. I hope all of you that had birthdays last month and got my letters. But please pray for my investigators and especially Izabel Cruz, Maria De Los Angeles, and Hermana De la Rosa. I love you all!

Sincerely,

Elder Breinholt

No comments:

Post a Comment