Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012 -

Dear family,            

  I just want to get one commit out of the way since someone has been complaining about my typing (Cole) ha my typing has come a long way over the years and I try to type as fast as I can so that I can tell you everything I want, so sorry if what I say doesn't always make since. ha-ha ok, wow this week has been up and down like you wouldn't believe. Mom thank you for the package and I force those vitamin pills down everyday kind of like I would with your relieve shakes. My bike is still broken so I haven't put the seat on to use it but it looks great. Also I would still like some protein because I need to have motivation to work out every day so I don't get fat! I do get feed way to much here and a couple days this week I had to eat two dinners! ha also I am going to try the picture thing right after this hopefully I figure it out.

     Anyway This whole week we had so many lessons that just didn't go through and it was disappointing because some of them were people that we wanted to put on date. Also my companion has been having a really hard time back at home (and with his girlfriend) so he has kind of been in a bad mood this week. Can I just say man am I happy that I don't have a girl friend to worry about! ha-ha I wonder how good it feels for mom and dad to hear me say that. But seriously there is already so much to worry about out here in the field that you can't think about home and stress about it. I feel like that I was put with my companion for a reason though and that I can help him with some things that he is going through.

    Besides the down parts the week defiantly ended the best it could have. Never in my life have a learned so much from conference and felt that each session went by so quickly. On top of it I didn't even think about falling asleep like a would at home! ha-ha My heart is full though from the words I heard this weekend. When I heard them telling about the new ages for when boys and girls can leave on missions, never have I felt the goose bumps so strong. The missionary service in the church really is going to grow and we are going to see sooo many more young women serve missions. Also young men too! I feel that President Gordon B Hinckley's dream of missionary work is finally in sight. If you don't know this talk he gave about the future of missionary work I advise you to look it up its great. Yes I was a little bummed that I had just missed this cut off by a year, but then I see how much my life changed and how much I grew just in the one year out of college. I am out here now and happy so I was not down about the news personally but just so excited. My companion and I almost shook the house down we were so excited about the news. I noticed a theme though about all the talks. they seemed to all lead to one thing. Following the savior Jesus Christ. What really hit me over the last couple days is that everyone in the world needs to know, and have a relationship with out savior Jesus Christ. He is out brother, our father, and our best friend. This is why we need to do missionary work so that others can know this too. I hope that each and every one of you have a personally relationship with the savior, and if you do that you try to strengthen it every day! not just on Sundays, or in the morning when we are reading our scriptures but throughout the day.

           There is a lot that I could say about this weekend, but I just want to bare my testimony to you all. I love you so much and I carry you in my hearts everyday and on every door I knock. I have a testimony of this gospel and I know that it is true. I know that president Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and he is a man of God. He is there to help us and guide us here on this earth. I am so grateful for the opportunity that the lord gives us twice a year to learn from and grown are testimonies from the leaders of this church. This work is a marvelous work and I wonder and we are engage in a good cause. I know that we have a savior Jesus Christ and he atoned for the sins of the world, he is glorious and we should represent who he is through are actions. I love my savior and am grateful for what he has done for me. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

               Elder Breinholt

No comments:

Post a Comment