Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 15 2012

 

That was really scary to hear what happened to Emaree this last week. You guys keep scaring me with these little kids! I hope that they really start getting better soon. I put pictures up on snapfish last week so I don't know why you can't view them. It sounds like mom and dad are really busy back home and getting to know some really exciting people. Even though the people that I have been meeting are not has known to the world they are becoming so special to me. Things are starting to turn around in a positive way for my companion and I. We put 3 people on date for baptism on the 27th of October and we have a couple more people we want to put on date this week too. Our teaching pool has been slimming down a little bit because we are starting to see who is serious and who wants to learn more, but we are always visiting people trying to make sure we are being good friends.

This week just went by way too fast and was kind of a blur as a whole so I don't have too much to report this week. We went to a wedding for this guy that my companion baptized earlier in his mission and it was a really neat experience. Afterwards we went to go get something to eat and for the first time on my mission we had someone pay for our check when we went to leave and pay.

I have really come to find out in this mission that there a lot and almost the majority of Elders in this mission are lazy and just don't follow all the rules. It's sad and it almost comes off as you're not a cool missionary if you are 100 percent obedient. It makes me sick, because I am trying and want to be the best I can! It's not that any of these Elders are bad, but I think people just need to realize that we can have even more success in this mission and have more miracles if we are being the best we can. This is just something I really want to try and strengthen while I am serving in this mission, because this mission is going to grow even more by 1/3 of its size and needs people to have a different mindset for the new missionaries we will be getting.

Anyway it's not like I'm changing anything by talking about it oh well. I only have one week left of this transfer and I find out if I keep my trainer or get a follow up one this Saturday. President pretty much told me that I am staying in this area so if I get a new trainer I will have to take a little more action and introduce him to the area and the people we have been teaching. That is all I have time for this week I'm sorry it's not much, but I would like to leave you with a scripture that I want you all to read. Its in 3 Nephi 27:8, just remember that this church is Jesus Christ's church and we are only the wonderful tool that help run it. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be a tool in the Lords hands right now 24/7. I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful fall break!

Thank you for your prayers and support,

Elder Breinholt

No comments:

Post a Comment