Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3/10/13–8 MONTHS DOWN

Buenos Diaz!

What a week. Can you believe that I have been out for 8 months today! It's crazy and the time is going by too fast. I still have so many things that I still want to accomplish and yeah my Spanish is fine and I can speak it, but there is always room for improvement. This week has been long but short at the same time. We still go out and tract everyday and we found 4 new people that we can start teaching but will see how it all ends up. This week I was really frustrated for some reason and I felt like my patience were defiantly being tested a little bit more. I am trying to invite the spirit in my life more and more so that instead of teaching and talking with more knowledge I can have more power behind it through the Holy Ghost. It is so true that someone can teach with simple words and have it be so powerful, just from the spirit they bring. It all starts with humbling yourself even to the dust of the earth as it says in Alma 34:38.

Sometimes I get so stressed out from not feeling like we are teaching enough people or not doing something the right way. I have come to a conclusion that as long as I just do what I am suppose to be doing and be a good boy I don't need to worry because the Lord will help me with the rest. Sometimes I do feel like we're not making a difference at all when we are walking around and knocking on doors and having zero success, but I know that if we show that we are working and have a desire too, the Lord will help us in the end. I mean were making more of a difference then just sitting on the couch in are apartment and doing nothing! ha As you can probably tell I just had a whole week of me feeling like a didn't make a difference at all and its hard of course when I really am trying all I can and am trying to help this work move forward.

Yes it wasn't the best week, BUT it did end very well and like always the Lord gave me the strength and hope that I needed at the perfect time like he always does. I had the opportunity Saturday to go to a baptism for someone that I taught in my last area for 5 and 1/2 months. I have to say that so far in my whole entire mission I have never felt the spirit so strong and had so much joy in my heart as I did at this baptism. It was for a man Francisco Valle who has been waiting and waiting for this day to come in his life as he has had to wait 3 years to be released from probation. He asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost and man for some reason I was more nervous than I am when I give a talk in sacrament meeting! ha As I watched him be dunked under the water and rise up again I will tell you that it was probably in the top 10 moments of the strongest I have ever felt the spirit in my life. The best part too is that I will still be on the mission when he gets sealed in the temple with his wife and will be able to go to it!

I want every single one of you back home to know how much I love this gospel and I will defend it until the day that I die. I am soo grateful for the trials that I have so that I can be more deeply converted and realize where my faults are. I know that Jesus is that Christ and he is my best friend. Never in my life have I been comforted more by the Holy Ghost then my times here in my mission. Remember that the Lord doesn't ever owe you anything. He doesn't owe me anything after serving him for two years. I always owe something to him... I love you all so much and you guys are the best support ever! Thank you for your words of encouragement.

Elder Breinholt

No comments:

Post a Comment