Thursday, December 6, 2012

December 3, 2012

Dear family, Dec 3, 12

So this morning I woke up and went to the gym, (where I saw Talon again and he said he is coming down there this week) and then I went home, got dressed and waited for the call for transfers from the AP's. It was about 9 when we got the call and Elder Getts, one of the AP's told Elder Cebreros and I that we are both staying in our area. It was bitter sweet news because at times I feel like I could defiantly work with someone else but, I am so happy that I am staying in this area. Elder Cebreros is really awesome though and has taught me a lot! I am officially done being trained and I doubt it will feel any different since I still have the same companion that has trained me.

It is a blessing in my life though that I get to still keep teaching the same people though. Also over the past two transfers I have held in a lot of things that have bothered me about Elder Cebreros until this week when he said something that just pushed the limit and let's just say we had a fun little companionship inventory. The good news is that when we got done, I think we both felt way better about each other and ever since everything has been awesome and I feel like we have the spirit more as a companionship and work together more. So I know that this next transfer we are going to have even more fun together and work hard because right now we have 9 baptisms planned for the month of December.

We had a baptism for Maria Guzman this weekend which went very well and we are still planning on having 4 this Saturday. One of these twin boys that is getting baptized this Saturday asked me yesterday if I would baptize him so I am pretty excited to be able to baptized my second person in the field. I can really feel the Lord blessing me right now and now, I just want to make sure that I work hard so that I can repay him for the good things he is/has given me in my life right now.

I also have a wonderful story about an Elder who is in my district and who was one of my companions in the MTC. I am not sure if you remember Elder Ray who was put with me and Elder Jackson about half way through the MTC, but he is in the area right next to mine. Just the other day the mission President came out and said that even if the person speaks perfect English, if their fist language is Spanish then they must be taught by Spanish missionaries. So Elder Ray and Elder Contreros got the referral by the English missionaries that fell under this guide line. The first lesson they had with them, the parents kept talking about this one missionary that they love and when he was there he had baptized the dad. He was having success with the mom too when he got transferred. Well the mom said after he left things just didn't feel right so she didn't end up getting baptized. When they told us that the missionaries name was Elder Ray too we were surprised and it just so happens that Elder Ray's brother served in the same mission, but is an English speaking missionary. Well to make the story a little shorter, Elder Ray (my Companion) showed them a picture of his brother and it was him and the lady knew that this was a sign that she must get baptized and pretty much told them that she wanted to get baptized as soon as possible. She wanted Elder Rays (the one that taught her first), brother to baptize her. So Sunday night I went to this baptism and saw Elder Ray's brother baptize this lady after getting permission from the mission President to come and perform it and Elder Ray (my companion) will give her the Holy Ghost next Sunday. It is nothing more than a miracle and just shows that the Lord works in mysterious ways. I know this doesn't have anything to do with me, but I really thought you guys would enjoy it.

Everything is pretty much the same in my area this week and my investigators that are progressing are doing great.

We need to start finding more people to teach though because all are investigators are going to get baptized and we aren't going to have anyone to teach. I guess that is good though in a way.

I got the package from Grammy and Pampa this week and from all the cousins and man was that amazing!! Thank you soo much, I am happy that I have a present every day until Christmas and the cards that I got from all the cousins was the best!! It kind of sad, but I'm pretty sure Carter and some of the cousins have better hand writing then me! ha-ha. You guys are wonderful though, and I am going to try my best to get some letters out to people and try to make a Christmas card that I could send to mom and maybe she can just make copies and hand them out (so I don't have to pay 20 dollars or more on pictures and run out of all my stamps:) ha I love this time of the year and I hope it ends up snowing more here for your Christmas trip because right now there is only snow on the top of the mountains and that's it. Maybe Herber on up got more snow yesterday because it rained all day here yesterday, but it wasn't cold enough to snow down in the Provo valley. I am sad that I didn't get to see that Christmas devotional because we had a lot of lessons last night, but I hope everyone is getting into the Christmas Spirit and teaching others about Jesus Christ.

I love you all and I will have pictures of the baptisms next week for you all! Have a wonderful week and good luck trying to potty train that crazy animal Logan!!

With Love, Adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment