Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17 - 2012

Its Christmas time!

This week has been a one of a kind and opened my eyes with a lot of things. I am excited to be able to call you guys next week! I am going to call next on Christmas at 9:30 and I am just going to call on the phone because if I Skype I will only have 30 minutes to talk to you all instead of a hour if I just talk to you on the phone. Maybe next time I will Skype! ha The snow here is looking pretty good for you all up in the mountains. It snowed all day Saturday but the ground was too hot so it just melted as it hit the ground. It is suppose to snow today tomorrow and Wednesday though. This week I received a lot of nice Christmas cards and I should be getting mine to send home today. I also got two big box's which I think I am suppose to save for Christmas so don't worry I haven't opened them yet.

I don't want to say too much today because I am just going to talk to you next week but I'll just tell you about my weekend since it was the most important. It all started Friday when we were teaching these 3 kids that got baptized Saturday, and we were helping them put away some things in their rooms when I noticed that they really didn't have anything in the rooms at all! I mean only a dresser and that's it. I found out that the two boys and the two girls in the family have been sleeping on the ground since they moved from California 4 months ago. Their mom works from 6 until 11 at night sometimes just so that they can have some presents for Christmas. I felt so bad when I found this out so Sunday at church I talk to someone and our amazing ward got two beds over to their house that same day, to help them out a little bit. Their ward is also going to get them some presents for Christmas. Man did I feel blessed after I found out that news about them and it really made me think about even those little, little things I have always had. I mean I have always been grateful for the things that I have in my life, but when you really see how bad that some people have it in person especially with people that you really care about, it makes you think differently. So please just think about those things as you are going through hard times this week.

Be happy that this Christmas you have a wife or a husband that still cares about you and would take a bullet for you if it came down to it, even though you just want to strangle them at times. Be happy that you can go home and lay down on a bed at night and have some food in the cupboards when you wake up in the morning, and be happy that you have a Savior Jesus Christ that literally gave up his whole life for us and our Heavenly Fathers plan. If you really, really want to be happy in life you just have to do one thing, Serve! Just serve others and I promise you, you will see that it brings happiness. It's like the scripture "If you serve the least of these my brethren, ye are only in the service of you God." It something like that I know it better in Spanish, but that is what we need to be doing right now at this time of the year and always.

We give gifts to each other to show our love for one another, but what kind of gift are you giving to your Heavenly Father? Well, you give many gifts to Heavenly Father if you serve his children. I have a lot more I would like to say, but I will save it for when I get to talk to you all. I love you guys soo much and I look up to you all of you. The decisions you make that are good, make me want to be a better person too. We are a family and will always be one for forever and we need to lift up each other and build each other up. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas...

Sincerely,

Elder Cory Breinholt

No comments:

Post a Comment