Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26 2012

 

The feast is over! Nov 26, 12

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving and it was full of adventures. Mom thank you for the sugar cookies, I forgot how much I love those cookies. I shared them with my district because I don't think it would have been good for my weight to eat all of them. I am watching my weight well though and I only weigh 150 after the great Thanksgiving feast. Of course that is a 150 pounds of pure muscle though. My companion and I had 4 dinners for Thanksgiving and by the last meal I was soo sick of eating and of the taste of ham. It was a really neat experience to see the traditions that people have for Thanksgiving. It made me look back on all the cool things we do and how we usually go up to the cabin and play soccer in the morning with all the Breinholt. I must say that you guys better watch out because I play a lot of soccer here and my touches have been getting a lot better. ha-ha

Also grandma I loved the scarf you made me and I used it a lot this week. It was cold every single day this week with lots of wind! Our turkey bowl Thursday morning was awesome and our whole district made shirts for it. I'll put pictures up of them, but I was really surprised to see how good president McCune was! He was a animal out there and has a really good throwing arm. He played all time QB for us and he loved our shirts and said that we have to get one for him.

I can't believe that this is the last week of the transfer and after this week I will be done getting trained. I found out this Saturday if I am staying in this area or staying and getting a new companion. I am crossing my fingers that I stay in this area because it is the best and we have a lot of baptisms coming up in the next couple of weeks. We got a call from some Elders in a different area this week that told us a family they had been teaching was moving into our area Monday (which is today) and the mom just got baptized yesterday and the four kids are planning on getting baptized too. The two daughters want to get baptized this Saturday so we are going to have to put on the baptism now since there in our area and there are two sons that we are going to try and get baptized either this Saturday too if they feel ready or the following week. We have an FHE with them tonight and so were going to talk to them about it tonight and see how it goes. Also on top of that, the De La Rosa family who was the family I had my first baptism for out here in the mission, we talked with the mom this week and she said that she will let her daughter get baptized now too. So we put her on date right there for the second week of December. I want to stay in this area just to teach here and see her get baptized because we have been working so hard to make this happen.

To end it, we had a baptism for Natalie Yvette Gomez this last Saturday and it was awesome. I was able to perform my first baptism in the field and also in spanish and I won't lie being back in the baptismal font took me back to the times with Cole and Cheyenne. There is a spirit it that font that you cannot describe and I felt very honored to be a part of Natalie's baptism. She is the sweetest little girl ever and I love going over to her house to teach her because she is always so excited to see us. I am going to always check up on her throughout my whole mission to make sure that her and her siblings are still going to church. The baptism as a whole though was a great spiritual experience and just that extra boost that I needed to get more excited about this week. I just want to say that I am soo grateful for everything I have and I am so grateful for all of you! Yeah I missed you guys a ton this Thanksgiving and it was weird not being with you all but it made me that much more grateful for my family. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the opportunity that I have to just serve people for two years. I have a lot more time to go and I am happy because I'm not even close for this to be over. I am just warming up!! I love you all sooo much and hope you are all getting along.

You should all be because compared to a lot of other families that I have seen. We are soo blessed and have it a lot easier. Don't ever forgot of how blessed we are and that we only have what we have because of our heavenly father and we have amazing parents that serve the Lord and are faithful!

Thank you mom and dad, and I love you guys,

Elder Breinholt

No comments:

Post a Comment